Top level Commercial Construction/ Real Estate/Property Management firm in New Mexico is seeking an experienced Construction Estimator. Salary is based on experience/qualifications. This is a full-time exempt position.
For over 28 years, Sun Vista has been dedicated to serving commercial property owners. Our loyal team is the heart and soul of Sun Vista. The pride, craftsmanship, and diligence of our entire workforce are what makes us the best in the business.
Come be part of the best team in Albuquerque. Friendly, fast paced company, good pay. If you love a challenge and being a critical part of a service oriented team, we want you! We are all about attitude, energy, and teamwork.
We are proud to offer our employees benefits that include:
- Simple IRA Retirement Plan
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life & Short Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Education / Training
- Year-Round Employment
Daily duties and requirements consist of, but are not limited to:
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work, along with material and labor costs, and site visits to determine scope of work.
- One on one consults with tenants and new owners for material selection
- Prepare professional and detailed proposals, bids and change orders.
- Have a good understanding of the construction process, building codes and the ability of reading construction drawings to prepare Material/Labor take-offs.
- Consult with Architects, Engineers to discuss construction specifications.
- Consult with Vendors and Subcontractors requesting project quotes.
- Maintain files of working documents.
- Ability to work under pressure and make effective decisions.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
1. Familiar with Microsoft Office and computer estimating software, experience with Sage/Timberline and AutoCAD is a bonus.
2. 3-5 years of experience in commercial construction industry preferred.
3. Must demonstrate good organizational skills.
4. Must possess the ability to take direction, communicate effectively and professionally.
5. Must possess critical thinking skills, the ability problem solve and multi-task.
6. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Fill out an application at, 6801 Jefferson NE, Suite 310 OR online at www.sunvista.net
Please submit resumes including salary history to HR@sunvista.net or fax to 505.878.0002. No phone calls please. Resumes will be held for 30 days or until the position is filled.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identit