Information For Contractors
What can ABC's quality Apprenticeship Program do for your company?
At ABC, our training program can:
- Improve and upgrade the quality of your workforce.
- Help you comply with prevailing wage requirements.
- Train skilled craftsperson for the future of your business.Increase productivity.
- Reduce turnover, injuries and absenteeism.
- Lower your project costs.Secure your labor force for the future.
- Save you money by allowing you the opportunity to pay apprentices a percentage of the journeyman wage while they receive on-the-job-training. You get a lower payroll cost, reduced taxes, and other rates and fees at a lower rate.
Add it up: ABC's training program can improve your overall profit margin and help you train your skilled craft workers of the future!
What are the requirements to employ and train apprentices through ABC?
- Be an ABC member in good standing.
- Membership fees are offset by reduced labor costs and increased productivity.
- Be a New Mexico Licensed Contractor.Agree to train in compliance with ABC Apprenticeship Standards.
- Complete an Employer Commitment Agreement, a Pre-Paid Tuition Agreement, Cents-Per-Hour Agreement and submit appropriate training contributions.
- Complete any required public works forms.
- Be approved to train by the appropriate ABC Apprenticeship Committee